Hello! We are back with more fabulous inspiration for you!
Over to our marvellous Kim Bacon…
Is it too late to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR?
No, of course it isn’t!
I hope that you all made it happily into 2016?
As you may have noticed there have been some additions to the Visible Image design team following a DT Call late last year. Poor Helen and Mark had a really tough time selecting the successful candidates, the submissions were phenomenal.
2016 will see even more fabulous new stamps and stuff (yes, ‘stuff’, but I am not allowed to expand on that just yet) coming from Visible Image. You are going to have to watch this space. Top tip: head over to the Facebook group and you will hear all the latest news as it happens.
Right, on to my first project for 2016. I am known for my hoarding of useful bits and pieces and I have used an empty chocolate box tray for my piece today.
Naturally, I forgot to take a ‘before’ shot.
I started by covering the whole thing with a layer of tissue paper just to block out the dark printing on the original box. I used a 50:50 mix of water and PVA glue.
Next I coloured some more tissue paper with Brusho paints in shades of blue, teal and lime. When all the pieces were dry I smothered them with more of the glue/water mix and pasted them onto the box. I deliberately made wrinkles and folds to add interest.
I waited for this to dry completely and then used a PVA glue with a mica content as a top coat. I have had this glue for years, no really, years and I am not sure where I got it from. I suppose you could use mica powder or a mica mister to add the sheen. Experiment! That is what it is all about.
Just to add even more shine, I applied some silver gilding ax very carefully to the raised folds and wrinkles around the frame.
Using black embossing powder I then stamped the INKognito butterfly onto a piece of heat resistant acetate the was cut to fir exactly into the frame. I also stamped the sentiment in black and a normal butterfly with a teal sparkle embossing powder onto more pieces of acetate.
The butterfly was cut out and stuck over the black one using a clear silicone gel. The sentiment was stuck along the bottom of the frame attached to the sides.
This was a long project as there was a lot of drying time but sometimes it is nice to do something that isn’t instant.
See you in a fortnight for another Marvellous Monday and in the meantime enjoy yourself, get crafty and show us what you have been up to!
Click HERE to go to the Facebook group… Ask to join if you haven’t already.
Click HERE to ‘Like’ the Visible Image Facebook page.
Click HERE to go to the Show & Tell page on the website… It links to the group where you can upload your projects and tell us all about it!
Click HERE to go to the Visible Image blog homepage to see the DT inspiration projects and check out the Gallery.
Click HERE to subscribe to the Newsletter.
Click HERE to go to my KimzKrafts Facebook page.
Wow what a transformation from a chocolate box! Fabulous project thank you Kim!
Our NEW DT members have been starting to receive their stamps, so we’re looking forward to seeing their first Visible Image projects very soon, when we will once again have our daily inspiration for you.
Meantime, we will be back with new inspiration from Teresa Morgan on Thursday.
Mark has been very busy designing all weekend and we are very excited about our NEW releases!!!
Have a great week!
Mark & Helen xx