Stunning card created by Sharon Traynor.
- Attach the butterfly stencil to a 7”x7” piece of white card using low tack masking tape and scrap paper to protect the outside edges. Blend a sky scene through the butterfly with distress inks, then draw around the outside edge of the butterfly with a black pen.
- Trim the scrap paper to the size of the 7 x 7 card and place it all into a stamp positioner. Stamp the background trees from the Into the Woods set inside the aperture with black ink. NOTE: As you do not want the impression of the stencil to be marked into the stamp, don’t press too hard. That does mean that the image will not extend right to the edge of the butterfly, but there is a simple remedy. Take a small piece of cut n dry foam, add some black ink and swipe the ink from the stencil material into the opening until all the outside areas you need to be black are covered.
- Let the ink dry for a couple of minutes then remove the stencil and mount the panel firstly onto a piece of 7¼” x 7¼” pink paper, then a 7½” x 7½” piece of purple paper, and finally a 7¾” x 7¾” piece of blue paper. Finally mount everything onto an 8”x 8” card blank.
- Heat emboss the sentiment in white embossing powder onto black card that has been treated with an anti-static pad. Trim the sentiment pieces down to fit and mount to the card with 3d foam tape.
- As a finishing touch, doodle a border around the panel with a black pen.