Hello! Lisa Taggart is here on our blog this evening with an absolutely stunning project featuring our NEW thorax anatomy stamp and.. yes… flowers!
Hello lovelies !! I’m back from my hols and itching to get creative again. And yes I’ve finally got my hands on the Visible Image June 2019 new release stamps and what stunning beauties they are!
The first new set I’ve gone for is certainly one for Halloween, but it can be used in other ways too.
I’ve created an mdf tag.. combined the set with some old favourites for a more uplifting 3D design.
Using watercolour card from Crafters Companion and Jane Davenport watercolours and a water spritzer I created a background.
Next I coloured a separate small piece of watercolour card and stamped the main stamp on to scrap card. I then cut out a mask shape for the top half of the chest cavity.
Taking the smallest flower stamps from the ‘create it’ set I heat embossed them in white randomly on to the painted card. Using the mask, I drew around it on top of the embossed flowers and cut out the shape. I then coloured the flowers using posca paint pens.
I adhered the first background on to an MDT tag. I then stencilled gold paint on top through the stencil and then stuck down the flower panel. Finally I used the mask to cover the flowers and added black splatters using black acrylic ink.
I used three small stamps for the background: the leaves from the ‘create it’set; the birds from the ‘ahead of our time’ set and the ink dots from ‘just breathe’. After the first layer I hand drew lines in white and fluorescent yellow and softened using well diluted white gesso. I hoped to depict sun or energy rays! After this I stamped the birds again on top and highlighted some of them in white gel pen.
I stamped and heat embossed in white some more flowers. I coloured them, cut them out and shaped them.
I stamped the chest and removed the areas showing the back bones using a craft knife. I coloured this and cut it out.
I adhered the loose flowers on top of the flat flower vase and then assembled the chest bones on top. This was slightly domed and adhered down the sides only. I also stuck flowers between the bones and down the rest of the background.
Finally I stamped the sentiment and stuck the tag to its base which was also painted. I edged the whole thing using dark ink.
Here’s a short video for close ups.
It’s a bit different that’s for sure!
Lisa this is amazing! The ribs look superb fussy cut and coloured.. and the flowers totally transform it! Gorgeous work.. thank you ♡