First up is Katy Leitch with this amazing Monolith..
Hello there! My make for the Visible Image DT today uses two of their BRAND NEW releases which are now available to pre-order. As soon as I saw the Shine Bright stamp I knew I wanted it. Something that little bit different…
Also new are the MDF monoliths which are perfect for making pieces for display and also for practical makes (more on that from some of my teamies to come). I’ve created something purely decorative today.
Here’s how I made it:
1) To create the background I layered scrunched tissue paper over cardstock (you could also work straight onto the MDF if you prefer). I added a die cut clock and some string before painting the whole thing with black gesso,
2) When the gesso had dried, I dry-brushed all over with paint in purple and blue shades (I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics). After that, I dry-brushed a very small amount of white gesso onto some of the raised areas.
3) I painted some die cut cogs with silver metallic paint (also DecoArt Media) and added them to the background along with some washers and nuts from the DIY store.
4) I stamped the light bulb onto white card and coloured it with Distress Inks (Mustard Seed and Wild Honey). I added silver Sakura Gelly Roll metallic pen to the lower parts.
5) I then stamped the lightbulb again onto Dura-Lar film using StazOn (you could use acetate instead). The Dura-Lar can be heated and gently shaped and here it’s curved gently to resemble a ‘real’ lightbulb. Apply more silver pen to the back of the film light bulb and glue it over the card one, just adding the glue towards the base where the black stamping will hide it.
6) Stamp a portion of the ‘inspire’ dictionary stamp onto a scrap of card, swipe lightly with Distress Ink in Mustard Seed before securing behind a bookplate.
Hope you LOVE this stamp as much as me!
I used these fabulous Visible Image products: